With the rise of athleisure, jeans and chino are facing new competition. The jogger is the new must-have gents’ style, and it’s taking over the street style scene. These comfortable pants are no longer just for the athletically inclined; they have become a wardrobe staple.
What exactly are Joggers?
Joggers are a traditional style of sports pants that were originally designed for exercise. Joggers are lightweight and comfortable, with an athletic appearance and a tapered leg. Most have an elastic or drawstring waist as well as elastic at the ankles. Joggers have become a key wardrobe essential thanks to the booming trends of athleisure and sports luxe. Joggers are no longer out of place or cheap when properly styled; they are now a cool and contemporary item. While basic sweatpants-style joggers are still available, there are also many more sophisticated and slimline styles.
What to Wear with Joggers
Joggers can now be styled in an infinite number of ways. While joggers are not suitable for formal wear, they can be styled to suit various dress codes or occasions. Of course, the most natural way to wear joggers is casual. Pair them with other casual items like hoodies to achieve this look. Joggers for men can also be made to appear smart-casual by dressing up or down with items such as a dress shirt or blazer.
How should joggers be worn?
The way your joggers for men should fit is determined by where you intend to wear them and the activities you intend to engage in. The more tailored and tapered the leg of your joggers is, the more formal the pants are. Conversely, joggers that are wider and less tailored in appearance, have thicker material, and a less tapered leg is best for casual wear or lounging around the house. Whatever style you choose, you can ensure that your joggers fit properly by following these general guidelines:
- Your joggers should taper cleanly at the ankle and fit snugly around your ankle. They’re too big if the bottom of your joggers doesn’t sit close to your skin and lower leg.
- Joggers should be tapered at the ankle and end above, rather than over, your shoes. A good pair of joggers will show a few socks or skin.
- Joggers should have a slim fit that clearly defines the shape of the body, but they should not be too tight to appear fitted or “skinny.”
- You should be able to move freely and have a good range of motion in your joggers. If you feel constricted in any way, you will be uncomfortable and will appear to be wearing leggings rather than joggers.
- In general, your jogger’s waistband should sit on your hips. More high-waisted joggers are becoming available, so if you buy joggers designed to be worn higher, they should sit at your natural waist.
- If you’re going for an athleisure look or wearing your joggers casually, the crotch of the pants can be slightly dropped. There should be no significant drooping in the crotch if you want a more tailored look. Visit joggers for men
Do you think joggers are fashionable for men?
Yes, joggers for men’s jeans have undergone a revolutionary fashion shift in recent years. People would only wear joggers for outdoor exercise or when lounging at home a decade ago. However, with more fashion designers and retail brands producing stylish joggers for men, you can now wear joggers for a variety of occasions.
- However, if you want to wear joggers outside of the gym or at home, you should buy joggers made of high-quality fabric.
- All you need to know to wear joggers on different occasions is how to style joggers well. If you need some ideas, here are some ways to wear joggers for men:
- Wear your joggers with a high-quality patterned sweatshirt. You can keep your outfit monochrome or contrast it with darker colors. In the winter, this can be your go-to streetwear.
- Combine a solid tee with joggers and finish the look with sneakers. Choose ankle-length or three-quarter joggers for a casual weekend look.
- Have you considered layering with a track jacket? You can pull off this look with both solid and patterned track jackets. When it’s cold outside, throw on a denim jacket as a third layer. It will improve both your comfort and your style.
- Pair solid or striped joggers for men’s jeans with a patterned t-shirt and a biker jacket for your outdoor activities.
Are our men’s joggers out of fashion?
Joggers are somewhat trendy, but there are timeless ways to wear them without succumbing to a fad. We think it’s a bad idea to try too hard to “dress up” your joggers. Instead, keep them sporty and relaxed, as they were intended. Put on a crisp pair of jeans or a well-tailored suit when you want to dress up.
What is the purpose of joggers?
Jogger pants, also known as joggers, are athletic pants that allow for a lot of movement. Rather than keeping you warm, their breathable and lightweight design is intended to keep you cool. In terms of appearance, joggers tend to get slimmer as they get closer to your feet, ending with cuffed ankles.