Do you want to know how to import Outlook data file into Thunderbird? If you want to do that, then don’t worry. The wait is over because your search has now come to an end. In this article, we are going to provide you how can I import Outlook emails in Thunderbird. By reading this blog, you will be able to move your Outlook emails to Thunderbird email client by PST to MBOX Converter software without losing your data.
Complete Introduction – MS Outlook & Mozilla Thunderbird
Microsoft Outlook –
- MS Outlook is one of the most used email client applications.
- It is a Personal Information Manager.
- It works as a Personal Organizer, and manages contacts, Calendars, tasks, journals, etc.
- Developed by Microsoft Office.
- MS Outlook supports PST and OST file formats to save emails in the local system.
Mozilla Thunderbird –
- Thunderbird email client is a desktop application and can be opened on Mac OS, Windows, etc.
- It is provided by Mozilla Foundation.
- Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source for managing emails and freeware application.
- It supports .mbox file format.
- It is a local email application
Multiple Ways to Move Outlook Emails to Thunderbird
There are various methods explained here which are effective enough for moving Outlook files to Thunderbird, you can try the methods and see which one is work for you.
Method 1. Manual Technique to Import Outlook Data File to Thunderbird
- Go to Start button >> Control Panel >> Default Programs >> Set your default programs.
- Choose Outlook and set it as your default program. Now MS Outlook is your default email program.
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird >> Tools >> Import.
- A new screen opens with multiple options, choose Mail & click the Next button.
- Now from the list of email client applications choose Outlook, and press the Next button.
- Choose PST file from the destination path. Once the process is done click Finish button.
You can continue the same steps for other address book, filters, and other options mentioned there.
Note: You should keep in mind that this process does not work properly. So always keep a backup of your Outlook data in case the perform of this process affect the PST file.
Method 2. Transfer Outlook Data to Thunderbird via Google Takeout
Google Takeout is a service that is given by Google to export Gmail data into MBOX file format. As we know Thunderbird imports data into MBOX format, thus it can be easily done.
Note: Make sure that your Google account ID that is synchronized with Microsoft Outlook should be done with IMAP. This is the only condition when the below listed method work.
If Gmail is synchronized with Outlook using IMAP, this means both Gmail & Outlook will have same emails.
- Sign in your Gmail account and open Google Takeout.
- Choose the items you want to include in your archive & click Next button.
- Select the file extension and click Create Archive.
- When the archive is created (in MBOX), import it into Thunderbird using ImportExporttools add on available in Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Now, go to Tools >> Add-on & select “install Add-on from File”, browse the download folder & install it. And Restart Thunderbird email client.
- Go to tools >> ImportExportTools >> Import MBOX file.
- Choose the MBOX file you created & import in Thunderbird.
Note: it will not perform if you have an orphan PST or if your Outlook is configured with a POP protocol.
Manual process is takes a lot of steps to import Outlook data file to Thunderbird. It can create a problem for a user’s busy schedule. This process is very confusing and complicated for non-technical users and also time consuming process. There are also chances of data loss, your one mistake can make you lose your data permanently.
Method 3. Use PST to MBOX Converter Software – To Import Outlook Data File into Thunderbird
To overcome the drawbacks and disadvantages of the manual approaches, you can choose an expert tool such as CubexSoft PST to MBOX Converter for Windows & Mac OS. This application is widely used for importing emails from Outlook to Thunderbird. To perform the entire import process will take very little time. The PST Converter software can batch convert Outlook emails to MBOX file format including emails, formatting, hyperlinks, and attachments without Outlook. It also converts ANSI & UNICODE PST file to a Thunderbird email client. This software supports all MBOX based email clients such as Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Eudora, Entourage, SeaMonkey, etc. It was compatible with all the latest and below versions of MS Outlook, Windows OS, & Mac OS.
In the above article post, we have explained multiple methods to know how to import Outlook data file into Thunderbird. The manual methods are time taking and confusing process for users. Therefore, users can use the professional solution to import emails from Outlook to Thunderbird without any problem.
Read More Blogs: https://thegloblenews.com/