Adobe Acrobat comes with the best merging feature, which makes users’ tasks beyond easy. The program by Acrobat combines multiple PDF documents into one PDF document file. This program is capable of combining all types of files, like Excel, PowerPoint, Word, or images. This article will help you find a way to merge PDF files with Acrobat Reader.
The merging tutorial takes you through each step. The bonus of this article is that it describes third-party PDF Merge software at the end of the page.
Note: Make sure you convert all the format files to PDF format before starting this process.
The instructions below are for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. All the steps are exactly the same in Adobe Acrobat 2020, Adobe Acrobat Standard DC, and Adobe Acrobat 2017. The Adobe Reader software program has no option to merge the files; it works only to display the PDF file.
Steps to Combine Multiple PDF Files into One PDF
- Install and open the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC software on your system.
- Click on the tool tab. Now you can see the “combine files” option button in the tool center.
- Select the option to add files from the program page.
- Browser the file location where you need to merge.
Notes: Use the CTRL key to add multiple files at once. This can save a little time and effort.
- Then hit the “open” button.
- On the top right-hand side of the program, you will see the “Add files” button. Click on it.
- Click on Add Files from the drop-down options.
- Now you have to repeat steps 4 through 7 again.
- Click on the combine button to combine all your chosen PDF files. (The merging process will take time according to the size of the PDF files.)
- Here you can see a combined file binder #.pdf.
- Click on the file and save it as the merged file. Rename it if required.
Use the instant solution when you are tired of the 7-day trial option.
Automatic Tool to Merge PDF Files without Acrobat
The Adobe Acrobat Pro DX program may take several hours to combine your PDF files. On the other hand, the instant tool method is capable of fast merging PDF files. The PDF merge software comes with a free demo. It really is time worth checking the workings of this software for trustworthy relationships between the customer and the IT organization.
This software has the amazing feature of building a single PDF file from multiple PDF files. The software algorithm is written in such a way that it is accessible in both operating systems: Windows and Mac. It is compatible with all versions of PDF files. No matter if the PDF files are from the old versions, this utility easily works on files. Users have to perform five steps to Merge PDF files:
- The first thing to do is download the utility from the button above. Then, click the “Merge” option.
- Now, you can choose to add a file or a folder to the list. Verify the Skip Attachment radio button only when you don’t want to send PDFs.
- Then, click the Next button. Please note that if your PDFs are password-protected, you will be asked to give the password when you try to open them. Keep in mind that the tool doesn’t save your passwords, so don’t be afraid.
- Is there anything you can do? The “Destination Path” also lets you choose whether to make a new PDF or merge it into an existing one.
The message that the process is done is shown.
In conclusion, to the question “how to merge PDF files with Adobe Reader”, the answer is that the Adobe Reader only helps you with viewing the PDF files. It is not capable of combing the PDF files. We will discuss the two ways with more detailed steps to create one PDf file from the numerous PDF files. Choose any solution that is suitable for your requirements with the Acrobat Pro DC and PDF merge tool.